Re: Is there a way to force the directionality of a line of text in the

From: Evan Aad
Subject: Re: Is there a way to force the directionality of a line of text in the GUI?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 13:48:37 +0200

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 1:33 PM Joost Kremers wrote:
>  I think all you can do is insert the special Unicode character LEFT-TO-RIGHT
> MARK at the beginning of the relevant line. I don't know what your TeX system
> will do with that character, though.

I have solved the problem using the following workaround: I have added
the comment "%LTR" immediately after the second dollar sign. Now that
the line contains letters from the English alphabet, Emacs' bidi
algorithm recognizes it as English text, and therefore justifies it to
the left of the buffer. However, since this is a TeX comment, it is
ignored by the TeX compiler, and therefore affects the processing, and
the resulting typeset PDF file, in no way.