Re: email headers on lists like this one

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: email headers on lists like this one
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 13:57:47 +0700

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 at 08:38, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am subscribed to this list, but it is in a different folder.  even
> if i participate in a thread, including starting one, it stays in that
> folder, so i frequently miss replies to my posts.  are there settings
> for these maiing lists that will add headers like in-reply-to or
> references or something so that those particular threads will show up
> in my inbox?

Pretty much nobody on the list is going to know exactly how you set up
your filter that moves list messages to the label.

As a Gmail user I am using a filter like this:

Matches: list:"help-gnu-emacs.gnu.org"
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "emacs", Never send it to Spam, Never
mark it as important

and if yours is any similar, I’d expect you’d want to add a condition
“and To: or CC: does not include <your address>” and then ask people
to add you to To or Cc in replies addressed to you. (Optionally, a
second filter for messages to the list *and* you, to apply label but
not skip inbox.)