Re: Size of startup files

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Size of startup files
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:45:47 +0300

If the init file loads other libraries, then those libraries shall
also be included in counting of startup line sizes.

If we speak of loaded libraries, then instead of asking for line
sizes, it is better to ask people which libraries they constantly use.

I have separated customized variables in ~/.emacs.d/custom.el and it's
size is 653 lines. I do not program it neither change that file, it is
managed by {M-x customize}

I use for example:

(require 'dired-x)
(require 'facemenu)
(require 'enriched)
(require 'gold-price)
(require 'persistent-scratch nil t)
(require 'rcd-password)
(require 'rcd-db-basics)
(require 'rcd-cf)
(require 'windmove)
(require 'rcd-vc)
(load "image-stamp")
(load "rcd-dict")
(load "units")

plus Hyperbole and some additional library. I must have that for
personal work.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns