How does Emacs generate its ChangeLog?

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: How does Emacs generate its ChangeLog?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 01:04:50 +0600

I'm writing a package, and it's pretty stable now to use.  (Not
published on the internet.)  Now I want a ChangeLog, according to GNU
Coding Standards.  Emacs generates it nicely with git log, and I'd also
like to do something similar, possible taking some code from Emacs
source.  Any pointers?

--
Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5
Fediverse: akib@hostux.social