Re: org-babel: how to evaluate code block with "alias" language?

From: North Year
Subject: Re: org-babel: how to evaluate code block with "alias" language?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 21:03:32 -0500

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi North,
>
> North Year <ny-ml@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>>  ’org-babel-load-languages
>>  ’((r . t)))
>> #+end_src
>
> I suggest you try with an uppercase “R”:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  ’org-babel-load-languages
>  ’((R . t)))
> #+end_src
>
> If Org’s documentation is not accurate about this, please report a bug
> with M-x org-submit-bug-report RET.

Thanks for your advice. I already mentioned in the original thread that
I know I can simply replace “r” by “R”.
But I am asking about if there is some general solution for this.

The nuance of “R” and “r” is just a simple example.
There might be other cases, like “Fortran” vs “F90”,
“js” vs “javascript”, “c” vs “C”, “cpp” vs “c++”.

“org-src-lang-modes” only affect syntax highlight,
but has nothing to do with org-babel evaluation.