Re: [External] : dired+ warning

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: [External] : dired+ warning
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 11:08:00 -0900

On 11/25/22 3:17 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
on GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,
GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
I get the following message:

.emacs.d/elisp/dired+.el: Warning: ‘case’ is an
obsolete alias (as of 27.1); use ‘cl-case’ instead.
[5 times]

I'm retired and use emacs just on occasion. I don't think
this is a big deal, but I know that Drew is always on top
of changes, so I thought I would mention it.
Hi Tim,

Congratulations on your retirement!

You should be able to ignore that warning, for now
at least.  I think you could also put something
like this in your init file to suppress it, if you
care to: (defalias 'case 'cl-case)

(Same thing, BTW, for others of my libraries,
including Bookmark+, Info+, Isearch+, & Icicles.)

Many of my libraries work also for older Emacs
releases (see field "Compatibility" in the file
header's "Commentary").  Depending on which
release you use, you'll likely see byte-compiler
warnings about vars or functions not known to be
defined, or function invocations with the wrong
number of args.  You can generally ignore such
warnings,  which come from conditional code with
branches for different releases, etc.
Thanks Drew!

--
Tim