Re: Getting latest development version

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Getting latest development version
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 10:13:26 +0200

> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 20:06:36 +0100 (CET)
> From: Hans Lonsdale <hanslonsdale@mailfence.com>
>
> > For the latest version, just clone the Git repository and build it.  That's
> > it.
>
> Could you add more details (commands for download) directly on
> "software/emacs/download.html" on
> how to get the various possibilities (releases, development version).
> Currently everything is dispersed
> in the emacs website and the savannah website.  It is quite a strain to have
> to go through searching for things.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html

The instructions are in the file INSTALL.REPO that you can find in the Emacs
source tree.

The https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html page has a link to
the Savannah page where the instructions to clone the repository.

So I think we already have the necessary information where it is looked for.