Re: kill-buffer without asking for confirmation

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: kill-buffer without asking for confirmation
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:46:21 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28 2022, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> swap yes-or-no-p with kill-buffer--possibly-save

Indeed. But it seems not very clean to me, because it depends on the
naming of such low level functions...

> which shouldn't be the case when it's run from a timer as its name
> suggests.

Indeed. Perhaps a bug?

> Another way might be to slap a (let ((noninteractive t)) ...) around
> the kill-buffer call.

It does not work. And the doc suggests, that t just means, that Emacs is
running without interactive terminal.

On Mon, Nov 28 2022, Gregory Heytings wrote:

> (set-visited-file-name nil)

Yes, that seems to be a clean solution.

Thank you both for your help!

--