Re: Easy to add with push but not to the end of a list

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Easy to add with push but not to the end of a list
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:44:48 +0100

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 09:17:58AM +0100, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> On 2022-11-29, at 06:23, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > Adding a function to core (say `hsup') which suggests that
>
> I absolutely love your choice of the name here! :-)

There are big precedents out there (cf. for example Donald Knuth's
WEB for TeX and METAFONT; it seems to have been in the air for
some time -- vestiges of that can be found in the shells (if -- fi,
case -- esac and so on; pity Lisp must have been a tad early;
otherwise we might have car -- rac, definitely a better sound than
cdr).

I'll stop now, lest I end on the fire for apostasy... ;-)

Cheers