file name completion in shell

From: Nicolas Graner
Subject: file name completion in shell
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 23:19:08 +0100

In emacs 29, in a *Shell* buffer, file name completion ignores file
names already present on the same line. For example, if I have a file
named `foo' and no other file starting with an f, when I type:

$ cp f<TAB> f<TAB>

the first <TAB> completes `f' to `foo', but the second <TAB> gives a `No
match' error.

Is there a way to avoid this and return to emacs 28 behavior, i.e.
complete each file name independantly?

I found nothing about this in the doc, and no mention of this change in
the NEWS files.

Thanks for any help,
Nicolas