Re: Inserting background colour at column

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Inserting background colour at column
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 00:46:59 -0300

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 00:37, Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:
> The following did not colourise the letter "T".
>
> (insert (propertize "T" 'face '(:foreground "green" :background "blue")))

This

  (insert (propertize "T" 'face '(:foreground "green" :background "blue")))

works in fundamental mode for me. Did you try it in fundamental mode?

Jean Louis was discussing something similar to that here on the list a
few weeks ago, and I sent this detailed answer to him:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2022-11/msg00368.html

Look at the last lines of my message...

  In emacs-lisp-mode the "Hello" had this among its text properties,

    (face font-lock-comment-face)

  and this took precedence over the face from the category.

Does that help?
Cheers,
  Eduardo Ochs
  http://angg.twu.net/eepitch.html