Re: How to grep for a string spanning multiple lines?

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: How to grep for a string spanning multiple lines?
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 22:55:52 +0100

> However, it turns out that it is split between two (or more)
> lines. [...] Traditional `grep' is not helpful in this situation.
> Neither is isearch, nor swiper.

I have the following in my literate Emacs configuration file:

  * Isearch configuration

  [...]

  Search across spaces, tabs, and newlines.

  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq isearch-lax-whitespace t
        isearch-regexp-lax-whitespace t
        search-whitespace-regexp "[ \t\r\n]+")
  #+end_src

Perhaps that could help you?

Rudy
--
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."
-- Henry Ford; Francis Kinloch, 1819; Henry David Thoreau, 1854

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia