Re: Emacs Manual in German language

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: Emacs Manual in German language
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 12:55:19 +0100

Hi Gottfried,
* Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> [2022-12-05; 10:29 GMT]:
> The Emacs Manual is only in English available.
>
> Does a German translation exist?

no.

> I had been looking on the web to find a German translation of the
> manual, but I didn't find anything.
> There was one of 2011, but you would need to log in.

Could you please post that link, I did not find it with a
bit of searching.

> If there is no German translation available, what is the best way to
> translate some text.

Nowadays nonfree automated translating services are
available.  But one usually only gets some tiny (compared to
the manual) amount of text translated without paying.

AFAIK there is no infrastructure from GNU to cooperatively
translate manuals.

Ciao; Gregor
--