Re: Easy to add with push but not to the end of a list

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Easy to add with push but not to the end of a list
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 03:17:42 +0100

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> I don't know, because this can't be done with Elisp, not any
> Elisp I know anyway, since the variable name will then be
> evaluated ...

I don't understand that last sentence.  We want to look at the
variable's value (at run time), no?

What happens if you compile a file with these contents for example?

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun test ()
  (let ((l (list 1 2)))
    (push-last 2 l)
    l))
#+end_src

> Here is the `push' macro - TBH, I don't know what most of that
> means ...

That supports generalized variables; you don't need to do that (unless
you want to).

Michael.