Re: Closures - do you understand them well?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Closures - do you understand them well?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 10:42:23 -0800

>> I would love to know closures well enough to put them into use without
>> having to spend extra time thinking and testing. But the fact is I *do*
>> need to spend extra time on it, and I rarely hit upon a problem that's
>> begging to be resolved with a closure, so...
>
> Or maybe you don't hear them begging?

I'm sure if I had a better intuitive grasp, they would present
themselves as the right solution more often.

> What were your resources for learning?

Nothing, I guess -- like all my programming knowledge it started with
trying to solve a specific problem, and ended with more in-depth
reading. But I've always found multiple layers of indirection confusing
(recursion/TCO and nested macros included), and any time anything starts
looking like references to references to... I try "fix it" by doing
something else.