Re: Another question about lambdas

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Another question about lambdas
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 07:22:25 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> > But it seems that dynamic binding is the more intuitive scoping rule for
> > a lot of people.  And a lot have their problems with lexical binding and
> > closures.
>
> Now it would be interesting to know whether this is a general rule or
> there are people more at ease with the one or the other side.

I would be interested in other opinions.

My feeling is that lexical binding comes - while the principle is not
hard to understand - with a larger space of non-trivial implications and
stuff that you can do, or techniques to learn, all things that are work
to understand for the human brain that can only grasp one aspect at a
time.  Like knowing how to build a wardrobe is not the same as
knowing what a hammer, nails, a saw and wood is.

Michael.