Re: Odd problem with KDE, desktop switching and window focus

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Odd problem with KDE, desktop switching and window focus
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 04:31:55 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Anyone else experiencing this? Ideas?
>
> What happens if you set x-no-window-manager to t, and then delete all
> previously created frames?

starting with just one frame:

M-x eval (setq x-no-window-manager t)

created new frame with C-x 5 2, switch to the original frame, C-x 5 0 to
kill it, set focus to firefox, switch desktops, same thing.

> Sounds like a user time bug.

Sorry, what this means? (if you mean a bug on my configuration or KDE, I
concur.)

But going back to the basics, emacs -Q does not show the problem, so
after resorting to good ol' bisecting of .emacs.el, the problem is
triggered by the presence of this line:

(setq frame-title-format (concat "Emacs: %b %+%+ %f @ " (system-name)))

See my reply to Björn for more details.