Re: Denglish - [was: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Denglish - [was: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken kann]
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 23:54:34 +0100

> > Using English words in German sentences a lot has its own name:
> > speaking Denglish.
>
> Interesting.  That's more anglified than the
> French equivalent, which is "franglais".
>
> Dunno whether that's indicative of where the
> needle is on the lang-mix dial. ;-)

Maybe.  The real German word is "Denglisch", not "Denglish" (I tried to
translate it...)

So comparing Denglisch with
             De ut sch

"Denglisch" actually still shares 5/9 > 50% of characters with the word
"Deutsch".  But OTOH it sounds just as "Englisch" with a "D" added to
the front.  So your analysis is correct I think.

Michael.