Re: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken kann

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: wie kann ich Emacs so einstellen, dass ich drucken kann
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 03:07:43 +0100

> And trying to learn a language by translating
> as you go is hard, and not necessarily helpful.

I don't know if I would do anyone a favor when I would try to translate
every Emacs specific term (and there are a lot) literally.  I would try
to describe the terms using my own words, but use those own words to
introduce the original English terms.

That's because I think when you really want to get something out of
Emacs, if you don't want to use it only like Notepad or Nano or those
simplistic editors -- with other words, when you want to use the
commands, the menus, the customize interface and an init file, you have
to know the original terms anyway.

Michael.