Re: With Eglot, how tu use a language server running in a concainer (Doc

From: Milan Glacier
Subject: Re: With Eglot, how tu use a language server running in a concainer (Docker or Podman)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 00:15:39 -0500

On 12/21/22 03:21, Sébastien Gendre wrote:
Hello,

I got a simple problem I try to solve with Eglot: How tu use a language server
that run inside a container ? (Docker or Podman)

One of the advantage of language server is to be in client/server model. So, I
can create a container that run a language server and include the source code
of the project and its dependencies in this container. (Installation for
dependencies source code and mounting for project source code)

But how to tell Eglot to connect to this running language server ? Is it simple
and per project configurable ?

Thanks for your help. 😁

I think you can manually from the configuration side to do this (without
the involvement of eglot). You can just set `eglot-server-program` to be
your complex command to launch the docker "docker xxx xxx". The only
thing that is complicated is mounting.

I haven't come up with a way to mouting current root directory
automatically. The most simple way is to ensure all of your projects are
located in somewhere like ~/projects and simply mounting this directory
to the docker container.