Re: (match-end 0) returns 1 instead of the actual position

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: (match-end 0) returns 1 instead of the actual position
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 19:04:54 -0500

> This doesn’t happen with vanilla Emacs, but I couldn’t tell which part of my
> config is causing it. Basically if I run
>
> (looking-at "xxx")
> (match-end 0)

Define "run".

These are 2 expressions and the result will depend on how you combine
them (more specifically it depends on what code might be run in-between).

> It returns 1 instead of the end of xxx after point.

Any chance you used `C-x C-e` or `M-C-x` twice, meaning that a whole lot
of things like timers, `post-command-hook`s and whatnot can/will run
between the two?

        Stefan