Re: Lisp Live buffer

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Lisp Live buffer
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:23:11 +0300

* Madhu <enometh@meer.net> [2022-12-08 14:34]:
> * Emanuel Berg <87sfhsczaa.fsf @dataswamp.org> :
> Wrote on Tue, 06 Dec 2022 16:44:29 +0100:
>
> > I'd like a buffer that shows Lisp Live ...
> >
> > you say it should show some list or data structure, it
> > visualizes it (can/should be text only) and then if I in some
> > other buffer or wherever basically append to the list or
> > whatever it's updated in the live buffer - like watch(1),
> > maybe, only cooler ...

OK the lively functions or similar principle solve the above intention.

> > That way, one could make a whole game text only and then throw
> > it at some GFX guys, hey, draw this, and have 100% MVC
> > separation (and "in parallel", throw it to some other guys and
> > get two games that are actually the same, but not ...)

Doesn't that already exist in EIEIO?

EIEIO (“Enhanced Implementation of Emacs Interpreted Objects”)
provides an Object Oriented layer for Emacs Lisp, following the basic
concepts of the Common Lisp Object System (CLOS). It provides a
framework for writing object-oriented applications in Emacs.

> you've seen lively.el https://lukego.livejournal.com/23379.html

;;; Go to the end of any of the following lines and run `M-x lively'
;;;   Current time:      Fri Dec 23 11:19:41 2022
;;;   Last command:      last-command
;;;   Open buffers:      208
;;;   Unix processes:    (lively-shell-command "ps -a | wc -l")

Those functions are very useful, thanks. I keep for later as sometimes
I do need it, for example when we run campaign and new people leads
are continually and hourly entered into the database.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman