Re: listing auto-save files that are newer

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: listing auto-save files that are newer
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 15:52:00 +0000

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there a function for listing all files that have auto
> save files that are newer?  e.g. for after a computer crash.

> i found no such.  i want to put such a list at top of scratch buffer
> on  startup.  like this:

> auto-save file is newer -- fixme: /home/whatever/wherever/executive.org
> auto-save file is newer -- fixme: /home/whatever/wherever/config-file

I don't know but I'm looking for something like that as
well.  I was thinking about a function that iterates over
all ~/.emacs.d/auto-save-list files that are not of the cur-
rent Emacs process, iterates over all filenames in those, if
for one of those filenames there is an auto-save file, vis-
its the first one or, if there is none, deletes that
~/.emacs.d/auto-save-list file.

The UI flow would be to call the function and deal with the
first file, lather, rinse, repeat.  As a Gnus user there
would be need to be an exception for ~/.newsrc.dribble~
which Gnus handles itself.

Tim