Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: yes-or-no-p and dialogs
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 18:37:19 +0100

Le mar. 27 déc. 2022 à 18:07, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> a écrit :

> > From: Petteri Hintsanen <petterih@iki.fi>
> > Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 18:06:19 +0200
> >
> > Is there any way to "quit" yes-or-no-p queries with MS Windows dialogs?
> > I mean in the same way C-g would do in the minibuffer?
> >
> > Case in point: I am visiting an Org file with an active (running) clock.
> > The file has no unsaved changes.
>
> What is "an active (running) clock"?  Can you show simple instructions
> to reproduce this, for someone who doesn't use Org every hour of every
> day?

Hi,

I'm not the original poster, but I can reproduce it by:
1. Opening a .org file
2. Creating a headline
3. Calling org-clock-in
4. Saving the buffer
5. Clicking the X to close the window

By the way, the clock is not required, the same happens with an unsaved
buffer: first there is a right-click style menu asking what to do, then at
the end, the "modified buffers exist, quit anyway?" dialog only has "yes"
and "no", no "cancel".

I agree with Petteri, imo those dialogs should have a "cancel" button.

Best wishes,
Thibaut