Re: Where to get language definition for bash tree-sitter?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Where to get language definition for bash tree-sitter?
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:05:11 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2022-12-27 21:12]:
> Try NEWS.29, if your clone of the Git repository has such a file
> (which would mean you are tracking the master branch).

I do not use branches, only master.

Thanks. I understand instruction is for people who know how to link
it, but I don't.

> To compile such a library, compile the files "scanner.c" and "parser.c"
> (sometimes named "scanner.cc" and "parser.cc") in the "src" subdirectory
> of the library's source tree using the C or C++ compiler, then link
> these two files into a shared library named "libtree-sitter-LANG.so",
> where LANG is the name of the language supported by the grammar as it
> is expected by the Emacs major mode (for example, "c" for 'c-ts-mode',
> "cpp" for 'c++-ts-mode', "python" for 'python-ts-mode', etc.).  Then place
> the shared library you've built in the same directory where you keep
> the other shared libraries used by Emacs, or in the "tree-sitter"
> subdirectory of your 'user-emacs-directory', or in a directory
> mentioned in the variable 'treesit-extra-load-path'.

I got these after compiling:

  -rw-r--r-- 1 476K Dec 28 11:32 parser.o
  -rw-r--r-- 1 6.7K Dec 28 11:32 scanner.o

How do I link them?

gcc -shared maybe, but I know gcc just like you know Org.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman