removing extraneous information in repeat-complex-command

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: removing extraneous information in repeat-complex-command
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 13:59:00 -0500

Is there a simple way to resimplify complex commands?

E.g, after
     (query-replace "<^J/script>" "</script>" nil nil nil nil nil)

C-x ESC ESC produced
     (query-replace #("<^J/script>" 0 8 (syntax-table … )) "</script>" nil
nil nil nil nil)
     where … represents about 120k characters.
in the minibuffer.

I strongly prefer the former.

Alternatively, if this can only be solved via a macro, I'd appreciate a
clue or two. While I have written a few in the past, I'm not sure how to
approach this.

Thanks!
Fred