Re: dired commands/vars i can't find

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: dired commands/vars i can't find
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 23:48:15 -0700

well it seems i found a function that does 2.  i wrote it long ago.
idk if it works.  or in all cases, but i have it.

(defun alpha-dired-up-alternate ()
  (interactive)
  (let* ((dir (dired-current-directory))
         (up (file-name-directory (directory-file-name dir))))
    (find-alternate-file up)))

and i had it bound, even.  up to ' and alternate to shift-'.

so probably all i need is 1.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com