Re: "Process shell finished" on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Process shell finished" on Windows
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 13:31:47 +0200

> From: Galen Boyer <galendboyer@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 17:42:18 -0500
>
> Galen Boyer <galendboyer@gmail.com> writes:
>
> In comint.el, line #1914 we see the following code.
>
>         (set-marker comint-accum-marker nil)
>         (let ((comint-input-sender-no-newline no-newline))
>           (funcall comint-input-sender proc input).)
>
> When the command prompt first displayed "Process shell finished"
> the cursor was at the `.' above.

Sounds like a bug, but I don't see it here, so it's a bit hard to
investigate.

When you are at that place in the execution, and you see "Process
shell finished", please produce a Lisp backtrace and post it here.  (I
assume you are stepping through the code with Edebug, in which case
typing 'd' will produce the backtrace.)

What are the commands with which you see this issue?  Are they .exe
executables, are they some kinds of shell scripts or batch files, are
they something else?  If they are all executables, where did you get
them?  You only posted a single example of a command which causes
this, and you mentioned Cygwin, but you never described any additional
details.