Re: Displaying images

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: Re: Displaying images
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 20:48:49 +0100

Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com> writes:
> A few words about raw images. These are not really images but the raw
> sensor data;

:) I also like to feed them in photogrammetry software, which prefers to
have as much unprocessed info as possible.

> The color comes from filters put on top of the image sensor.

Generally yes, not with Foveon.  (regularly used a Sigma DP1x long ago)

> Maybe you can use the CLI tool for fast conversion for preview
> purposes.

All cameras that I’ve shot raw with embed a preview image into the raw
file.  It can be extracted for example with:

    dcraw -e <raw_file>

The question is how to make Emacs aware of this.  Ideally, viewing raw
images also works with [picpocket][1], a nice Emacs image viewer that I
only discovered today.

Anyhow, very nice summary of raw images!

[1]: https://melpa.org/#/picpocket