Re: (*) -> 1

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: (*) -> 1
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 00:38:01 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> The languages that use the concept of partially applied function usually
> have no support for variadic functions, so the duality problem you refer
> to is not an issue.

Interesting.  I do not know many other languages.

I see your point now: while I wrote about the procedure of finding an
interpretation [of the technical or mathematical semantics of a formula]
in the real world [this is what had been ongoing: Ferraris etc], you
mention that even the technical/theoretical semantics of a formula like
(*) can be different.  This is an interesting point, especially since
terms like "right" and "wrong" had been used.

Although I think the "meaning" of the expression (*) in Elisp is clear,
it describes a mathematical term, so the question, asked specifically
for Elisp, has to be answered using the mathematical background.  In my
understanding the OP asked specifically about the empty algebraic
product.

Michael.