Re: Programming Emacs visually with semantic triplets

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Programming Emacs visually with semantic triplets
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 14:38:38 -0300

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023, 12:49 Jean Louis, <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> It is 1 year and 8 months that I have started designing semantic
> triplets in PostgreSQL database, today I started finally polishing the
> database table design and playing with it.
>
> The more I am playing with semantic triplets the more I get idea that
> it is feasible to make a program in Emacs that will make programs by
> using visual interface with semantic triplets.
>
> I am more and more thinking that it could be possible:
>
> - by using simplest associations, such as subject, predicate, object
>
> - that user could ontologically create basic relations (or have same
>   defaults) between various subjects, objects; I call them now
>   "sobjects".
>
> - that user could define higher level form or database definitions, by
>   defining what has to be asked, what has to be recorded, without
>   modifying the underlying actual database table
>
> - that by program executing such definitions, user could be creating
>   new functionality automatically, and
>
> - that new applications could get into existence by using visual,
>   relationship based, programming in Emacs;
>
> - and without programming Emacs Lisp, only by clicking and defining
>   relations between objects
>

> Various levels of visual programming idea:
>
> 1. Underlying PostgreSQL or other database design is what I consider
>    low level;
>
> 2. Emacs Lisp program is low level dealing with the database;
>
> 3. Emacs Interface to semantic triples would be higher level
>    programming;
>
> 4. Once triplets are defined, the Emacs Lisp program (2) would know
>    how to run the application;
>

> Demonstration of (3) playing with semantic triplets:
>
> Screenshot for impatient:
> https://gnu.support/images/2023/01/2023-01-21/mpv-shot0002.jpg
>
> Video demo:
> https://gnu.support/images/2023/01/2023-01-21/2023-01-21-18:03:23.ogv
>
> If not for complex programs, then I can see with blur possibility of
> designing any kind of structured information, such as:
>
> - Contact management with all possible relationships, to mothers,
>   fathers, associates, etc. freely
>
> - Notes applications like the one of Andrew Hyatt, of various types,
>   and how user wish and want by visual interactive design
>
> - Invoices, receipts, inventory, sales
>

> What I don't know is if the idea with visual programming feasible.

> Andrew Hyatt and his package gave me to thinking of it today:
>
> ahyatt/ekg: The emacs knowledge graph, app for notes and structured data.:
> https://github.com/ahyatt/ekg
>
> Semantic triple - Wikipedia:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_triple
>
> OneModel — an Alternative to emacs org-mode:
> https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/04/23/0149257
>
> OneModel - Record, manage and share any knowledge:
> http://onemodel.org/1/e-9223372036854618119.html
>
> What is a triple? | Fundamentals with Oxford Semantic Technologies:
> https://www.oxfordsemantic.tech/fundamentals/what-is-a-triple
>
> --
> [...]

Hi Jean,
do you have tools that show the Lisp code behind each button and that show
pretty-printed versions of the main data structures? Can you send us
screenshots of that? Some people - like me =/ - understand these things
much more easily when they see how a prototype was implemented...
  Cheers =),
    Eduardo