Re: Why my mailing list membership (this list) was disabled?

From: Jean Louis
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:08:13 +0300

* Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> [2023-01-22 20:42]:
> > Your membership in the mailing list help-gnu-emacs has been disabled
> > due to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> > 15-Jan-2023.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
> > you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 2 more reminders like
> > this before your membership in the list is deleted.
>
> What does this mean?

It means that mailing list can't handle well SPF records with: "-all"
because:

disroot.org.            3600    IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a mx -all"

Because domain disroot.org does not authorize other domains but mx
server and a record to send e-mails, and then your server rejects
e-mail from help-gnu-emacs, creating a bounce, as mailing list has to
rewrite your e-mail and forward it from their server but with your
e-mail address in From:

In my opinion, that may be and should be solved server side, by
rewriting of e-mail headers, as From: may come from GNU server, while

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman