Re: emacs <----> firefox

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: emacs <----> firefox
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:31:11 +0100

> i think another dealbreaker on onetab is that it seems to load all
> tabs that are loaded in, as opposed to suspending them or whatever you
> call it.  at least that is what i was able to glean from the docs.  my
> 2000+ tabs would invoke oom killer.

I'm not sure if this is what is happening.  You should get a page with
2000+ links that opens nearly instantly.  I don't think they are all
loaded into memory.

You should not accidentally hit the "Restore All" button that is added
to the top line by default, however.  Then you're lost.  That happened
to me once, and I had to kill my system and restore the previous state
of firefox from backup.

I moved that button to the ">> More Tools" section so that it is not
accessible until I select that submenu.

Michael.