Re: How to search inside a region that has just been used as the target

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to search inside a region that has just been used as the target of a replace operation?
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 19:11:56 +0100

On 2023-01-27, at 11:44, Evan Aad <oddeveneven@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anders Munch wrote:
>> I wonder if you are aware of narrow-to-region?
>
> No, I wasn't aware of it. This solves my problem. This thread can be
> closed with status "Answered". (However, other answers and comments
> are still welcome.) Thanks, Anders!

`narrow-to-region' (and other narrowing commands, see e.g. `C-x n C-h')
are indeed /very/ useful.  I didn't even remember they are disabled by
default -- I enabled them a long, long time ago and use them all the
time.  (Org mode has its own share of them, by the way.)

But if you happen to do your machinations pretty often, I would
recommend writing a custom Elisp function to do it.  If you don't know
Elisp, you might want to read Robert J. Chassell's "An Introduction to
Programming in Emacs Lisp".  Place the point after this form: (info
"eintr") and press `C-x C-e' or head to
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/eintr.html.

Hth,

--