Re: Lookarounds and recursion in Emacs regexes

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Lookarounds and recursion in Emacs regexes
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 07:46:25 +0100

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 08:30:56PM +0100, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> [... I heard GIMP once used Lisp as its
>  configuration/extension language, only at some point switched
>  to Python for that. That's not gonna happen to Emacs, is it?
>  *runs away*]

Actually a Scheme [0]. And actually, it's still in, besides Python,
Perl and Tcl [1]. Of course, I do prefer script-fu. Although somewhat
proficient, I never learnt to love Python.

Cheers
[0] I'm nearly certain it was derived from SIOD; the Wikipedia below
    says it's Tiny Scheme. Dunno which one is right.
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script-fu#Automation,_scripts_and_plug-ins