Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Gnus: Blocked message to gmail addresses
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 18:13:39 +0000

    > "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
    >> Hello Gnus
    >>
    >> now it's the second time that I couldn't send a mail to
    >> (multiple) gmail addresses.  I've received a mail from the
    >> provider 1and1.de's mail delivery system saying
    >> "dieter@duenehof-wilhelm.de" is blocked from gmail with
    >> authentication problems (SPF and DKIM).  I checked sending with
    >> the webmailer of 1und1.de and there sending to (some) gmail
    >> addresses worked and then - strangely - resending the very same
    >> problematic mail from Gnus seems to have work!?

    > Hi,

    > It looks like a greylisting behaviour: sending from the webmail
    > puts you in "ok" list for a certain time...  That being said, who
    > knows what google does with mails these days.

    > Maybe your providers is not configured the same between the
    > webmail and their SMTP access.  You could try to see if everything
    > (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) is in place by using a site such as
    > https://www.mail-tester.com/ and sending a mail from Gnus there.
    > -- Manuel Giraud

mail-tester is more than likely to verify your email address. A similar
thing happens to me if I try to email a google address. Google
automatically classes email from yandex as spam and will not forward it
to the intended recipient. There is nothing I can do about it except
perhaps to urge people not to use gmail. And of course that wont fly.

Best of luck.

Colin.