Re: help in writing function to pop indirect buffer

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: help in writing function to pop indirect buffer
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:30:10 +0100

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 12:51 PM Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> wrote:
> In your use case, it might not be possible to use indirect buffers: the
> base buffer and the indirect buffer share the same text and its
> properties, and, syntax highlighting is mostly done using text
> properties.

Gosh!
I've tested that if I enable cperl-mode in the original buffer, then
the indirect buffer inherits the syntax highligthing also for new
code.

> Org mode allows to edit pieces of text in any mode (using standard buffers).
> The lisp function doing most of the work is `org-edit-src-code'. Maybe
> you could call/reuse something from there.

It is a little too complex for me to understand it.
Another idea could be to use a normal buffer, narrowed to the region I
would like to have. The problem is that clone-buffer cannot be used
for a file visiting buffer.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Luca