Re: text formating

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: text formating
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 21:28:55 +0100

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> Hi,

Hai

> I read the Emacs manual and made an excerpt of keybindings etc for myself.
> What options do I have as an emacs newbie?
>
> I would like to have a text editing of the headings e.g.:
>  to increase the font, may be to make them bold.

I'd use org-mode, for me its header lines are sufficiently emphasised
(in colour and in certain Emacs themes also with different fonts and
sizes).

* Header1
** Header2

> I would like to use this file regularly, so in creating a LaTex file I
> would always have the LaTex formating visible, which is not so nice.

Structural LaTeX (and Html) commands (\chapter or so) are provided by
Orgs markup language.

"Short range" latex formatting is done with other markup rules, like
*bold*, _underline_, .. , they are not so intrusive as the latex
commands.

For heavier latex formatting you might put them in Orgs latex src blocks
which you can fold to hide the "ugly" stuff.

> I don't need to print it for the moment, then through LaTex and
> converting it to HTML etc would surely make a nice printout.

org-mode's latex export and html export

> Could I use my "fundamental enriched text" in org-mode? , would I have
> the possibility to increase the fonts of some words and headings e.g.?

In my opinion org-mode files don't need extra text enrichment besides
its own markup rules.

> The text formating in Emacs is not so easy as I thought.

I hope you'll appreciate and enjoy working with "pure" text. ;-)

If you're interested I can provide you with real world examples.

  Dieter

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm