memory tken by emacs

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: memory tken by emacs
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 23:36:42 -0700

my computer is overwhelmed frequenty.  sometimes the biggest memory
user is emacs.

ps -eo pid,\%mem,size,vsize,rss,resident,cmd --sort=size ->  5234 55.2
3226844 3549680 3193108 - emacs --maximize

i could run the profiler for a while to find functions, but is htere
anything ht will show me what modes, buffers, etc. are using memory?
for example, undo-tree, or diff-mode, or something like that?  also,
if i kill a buffer and gc, will it reduce memory?

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com