Re: emacs <----> firefox

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: emacs <----> firefox
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 00:37:02 +0100

> > I moved that button to the ">> More Tools" section so that it is not
> > accessible until I select that submenu.
>
> does it let you move buttons or does this mean some kind of
> greasemonkey or js wizardry or so?

Firefox does let you do this: You right-click on the toolbar and select
"Customize Toolbar".  Then a rectangle named "Overflow Menu" appears.
By default it's empty and there is a face of a fish in it, at least in
my firefox version (but it's just the standard firefox coming with
Debian testing).

You can drag any tool-bar button into that field and then say "done".
After that this item is only accessible in the toolbar submenu that
appears when you click on the ">>" button.  Seems this ">>" button is
only visible when this overflow menu in not empty.

I only found this by accident and did this exactly once, so my knowledge
about that is ... limited.

Michael.