Problem with Tramp inside emacsclient

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Problem with Tramp inside emacsclient
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 12:14:27 +0000

Hello,

I haven't used Tramp in quite some time, so I'm not sure when this
started happening. These days I always start emacs -daemon and then I
open a bunch of emacsclient in several Tmux panes.

Now, when I open a remote file with Tramp, the emacsclient that I'm
currently using 'freezes', and I have to hit C-g (keyboard-quit) to
bring it back to life. The mini-buffer says "Tramp: Inserting
‘/ssh:angelv@datil:/home/angelv/.bash_history’...done" and indeed, after
C-g I can change buffers and see the file, but I would simply like that
when I open the remote file I can edit it as if it was a local file.

Did I forget something basic about how Tramp works?

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)