Re: command-execute: Wrong type argument: commandp, helm-command-prefix

From: Ruijie Yu
Subject: Re: command-execute: Wrong type argument: commandp, helm-command-prefix
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 13:18:20 +0800

> Ruijie Yu via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>     (autoload #'helm-command-prefix "helm-bibtex" nil t))
>                                                     ^^^^^
>
> Is this expected to work reliably?  AFAIU, the thing to be autoloaded is
> a keymap, not an interactive function.
>
> Michael.

Exactly, hence my recommendation against using :bind for keymap
prefices.  Note that `helm-command-prefix' isn't even a function, yet
`use-package' marks it with function quote.

Note that the :bind-keymap expansion does not introduce this confusion.

--
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]