Re: jar files won't open in emacs 27.1 on debian 11.6 "bullseye"

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: jar files won't open in emacs 27.1 on debian 11.6 "bullseye"
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 09:42:17 +0200

>> I will look into the .editorconfig settings to see if there is a way
>> to exclude .jar files and/or the target directories from what
>> editorconfig affects, and if there isn't, open an issue on
>> editorconfig-emacs.

> I couldn't find any config for excluding files from editorconfig-emacs,
> so I opened the following issue on editorconfig-emacs:
>  https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-emacs/issues/294

Note: editorconfig issue 294 has been fixed, in the way outlined in
comments on the emacs bugs: editorconfig won't touch files where
mode-class is special:
 https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-emacs/issues/294#event-9183783067

Here are the comments on the emacs bug:
 https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=62630#26