Re: clang fails to compile emacs in Microsoft Windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: clang fails to compile emacs in Microsoft Windows
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 14:39:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > If the MSYS2 project wants to maintain Clang patches, that's fine with
>> > me.  But then these issues are best posted to the MSYS2 forum, not
>> > here.
>>
>> Why? Here is the people that hack and build Emacs on a regular basis,
>> right?
>>
>> Please note that the problem on the OP is not related to the patches.
>
> It is related to a configuration that isn't officially supported.

Last time I looked the configure script had references to ancient
propietary compilers and systems that are not in use for decades. But
adding a trivial fix for a Free toolset on a Free software distribution
for the most widely used OS that *also improves support for gcc by
eliminating a warning* is not acceptable.