Re: [NEED HELP] How to find out weird thing caused Emacs auto save scrat

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: [NEED HELP] How to find out weird thing caused Emacs auto save scratch buffer as lot of files
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 17:46:44 +0800

Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@gmail.com> writes:

> Christopher,
>
> On Tuesday, 2023-05-23 11:09:28 +0800, you wrote:
>
>> Recently I found in my user home directory, has lot of files named like:
>> /Users/stardiviner/#%2Ascratch%2A#UKK9EL#
>
> Not a real solution, but:
>
> The ASCII character at 0x2a is "*".   And a running Emacs definitely has
> a buffer "*scratch*" open.   Personally I have never seen Emacs autosav-
> ing it, but who knows.   Perhaps the contents  of these files could give
> you some hint where they originate from ...

Thanks for hint of ASCII character.

I accidentally see somewhere using temporary buffer with scratch buffer.
But I don't know the package name. I will notice this to confirm whether
the package caused this problem. I think this code should found in my
previous code searching of my installed Emacs packages. But the
searching result is none. This is weird. Even I did searching three
times with different queries.

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3