Embedded calc removes leading spaces upon evaluation

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Embedded calc removes leading spaces upon evaluation
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 14:10:21 +0100

Hello all,

I use embedded calc a great deal and love it but there is one aspect
which is a little annoying.  If I have an equation with leading spaces,
e.g.

   x := 3

evaluating it removes the leading spaces.  This is annoying because, in
org mode in particular, this breaks the meaning of the line semantically
(e.g. in lists).

Is there some way to preserve leading spaces?

Thank you,
eric

PS - this happens with emacs -Q.  I'm using Emacs 30.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-05-02) on Debian 11.6