RE: [External] : Re: Changing highlight colours of headings when using o

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Changing highlight colours of headings when using outline-minor-mode
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 21:57:58 +0000

> Ideally I would like that the colours are set permanently whenever I use
> "outline-minor-mode".  Hewovor the function I wrote has to be run on every
> buffer.

I'm no expert on `outline-minor-mode'.

But I sense that maybe you haven't been listening.
Several times people have suggested that you just
_customize_ the relevant faces.

I do `M-x customize-group outline TAB RET'.  I
see 8 faces named `outline-1' through `outline-8'.

I do `C-h f outline-minor-mode', to see if it
mentions something special wrt the minor mode and
faces, as opposed to the major mode, `outline-mode'.
It doesn't.

You can also take a look at the source code, in
`outline.el'.

It seems, from a superficial look, that the faces
used by `outline-minor-mode' are those 8 faces.

Have you tried to customize them?  To do that is
simple: `M-x customize-face'.  Or get to them all
together, with `M-x customize-group outlines'.

Customize _persists_ your settings.  It sounds
like exactly what you're asking for.