Re: Why mark gnus-summary-buffer as the previous buffer when opening say

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Why mark gnus-summary-buffer as the previous buffer when opening say a pdf attachment?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:07:50 +0200

Yuchen Pei wrote:

> I don't know how to open an attachment from the summary
> buffer

`gnus-summary-save-parts'

Here are a bunch of options that may be of use to you.

(setq mm-attachment-file-modes 420)
(setq mm-body-charset-encoding-alist '((utf-8 . 8bit)))
(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))
(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)

> Referring to the following lines in `mm-display-external':

Side note, speaking of Gnus: one could buttonize based on that
notation and hyperlink to the help. ERC already does that so
maybe that is something that could be brought over easily.

Actually, I even have some Gnus stuff that one can easily
bring over to ERC buttons, namely references to man pages:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/erc/erc-man.el

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal