Re: `window-absolute-pixel-position' with vscroll

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `window-absolute-pixel-position' with vscroll
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:50:23 +0300

> From: Rahguzar <rahguzar@zohomail.eu>
> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 21:23:25 +0200
>
> Reading the manual and documentation I understand the
> `window-absolute-pixel-position' if there is no vscroll. If however the
> value of `(window-vscroll)` is non-nil calling
>
> (window-absolute-pixel-position (window-start))
>
> produces results which I don't know how to interpret since the upper
> left corner of the line is not visible. I wanted to know the pixel
> position of the start of some subsequent visible line but results of
> `(window-absolute-pixel-position pos)' didn't make sense to me.

Please show some Lisp in which you tried to use
window-absolute-pixel-position and whose results didn't make sense to
you.  Perhaps also explain why the results didn't make sense.
Otherwise it is very hard to help you make sense out of the results
(or perhaps conclude that we have a bug that needs fixing).

Thanks.