Naming conventions for major modes based on tree-sitter

From: Ruby Iris Juric
Subject: Naming conventions for major modes based on tree-sitter
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 17:13:11 +1000

Hello all,

I'm currently developing a major mode based on treesit.el. It seems like
all major modes included in Emacs include the "ts" signifier in their
name - is this a convention that all treesit.el-based modes should use,
or is this only being done to prevent conflicts with existing modes in
Emacs? I ask since there isn't an existing major mode for this language
yet, so I'm not sure whether it's good practice for me to include "ts"
in the mode name.

Thanks,
Ruby